10 Best Free SEO Tools in 2022 | SEO Checker (Updated)
It’s 2021, and Google is updating the search engine. If you have a website, it needs your attention more than ever. This is because if you lack behind, your website will not rank as you are expecting it to. SEO tools will help you optimize your website according to the search engine. The Best thing is that you don’t have to spend a lot of money on expensive SEO tools as there are free SEO tools that help your website rank better in search engines.
This might trigger some questions in your mind like What Are SEO Tools? Do I Need SEO Tools? Let us clear your question first.
What Are SEO Tools?
SEO tools provide data and check all over the health of your website. They provide you a report on various parameters and show you whether you are doing good or bad on these parameters and provide data like how much traffic you are getting and the behavior of visitors on your website, country of origin, and much more.
Do I Need SEO Tools?
Yes, it would be best to have SEO tools to handle your website by yourself. I would suggest that even if you are not handling your website, you can check your website’s performance using these tools. These tools will give you an idea of traffic, user experience on your website, time spends by them, and Goals you want to achieve through your website.
Out of all SEO tools, we have curated the best free SEO tools that can increase your website’s performance.
List of 10 Best Free SEO Tools in 2021
1. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is the best free SEO tools. If you learn how to utilize available data provided by google analytics, you can improve your website’s performance and can increase customer engagement, and check which page and blog are performing best for bringing and engaging visitors on your website and which one is performing worse. You can work on worse-performing and utilize most out of best-performing pages using Google analytics.
- Traffic Measurement: Google Analytics provides you the facility to track how much traffic our website is getting.
- Setting and Tracking Goals: It provides you the facility to set up goals, i.e., performing special events on your website by the user, and Google will count it as a Goal.
- Audience Report: Audience Report Overview lets the facility analyze different parameters in a single place. These parameters include Total Users, New Users, Sessions, Page Views, Avg. Session Duration, Bounce Rate, etc., and you can analyze different parameters like Demography, Geo, Technologies, and much more.
- Acquisition Report: This report provides you the Source of traffic in graphical representation or goes to Acquisition>All Traffic > Channel. You will get all the traffic sources, e.g., Organic, Referring, Direct, Affiliate, Social, Other, etc. It also provides separate sections to analyze these parameters.
- Customization: Google analytics provides you a facility to create your customized report; you can choose the parameters you want in your reports.
- There’s a restriction on how many hits you can have, i.e., 10 million hits a month: These numbers could look big what a user can send multiple hits as page view hit, transaction hit, the event hit, etc.
- Lack of accuracy in data: Data provided by is not exactly accurate due to data sampling.
2. Google Search Console(GSC)
Search Console is another amazing free SEO tool from Google that helps you monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot your site’s presence in Google Search results. Search console helps you analyze CTR(Click Through Rate), Impression, Clicks, and Rank of web Page for a specific query, giving you an idea of how you are doing keywords targeting that page. You can decide whether you have to continue with these keywords or switch to lesser competitive Keywords.
- Provides Exactly which query is bringing traffic to a particular page.
- Search Console provides users a quick way to find all the search terms, pages, and position of each term that brings traffic to the site.
- You can test how Google crawls your site using the live test.
- Provides alerts if you are not doing as per the Google requirement, and hence you can improve on that issue.
- Can Request Indexing manually when you made changes on your website.
- Some features are still in beta and thus have limited or incomplete data.
- Hard to navigate the features it provides
- It provides a list of HTML errors it discovered in crawling your site, but sometimes this feature is not up to date. Sometimes it shows errors that had been previously fixed.
- The coverage report can have overwhelming data that makes it hard to know a concern and what is ok.
3. Bing Webmaster
Bing Webmaster is similar to the Google Search Console(GSC) and is one of the best free SEO tools. Bing provides it. Bing Webmaster provides all the features that are included in GSC.
Robot.txt Checker: This tool helps you check for your website’s robot.txt file.
Search Performance Report: Provides search performance report to check Keyword Impressions, Clicks, CTR, Avg. Position of page and Keywords(Queries).
SEO Report: It provides you the facility to check backlinks on your website, KeyWord Research Tool that helps you to know current trending keywords and future trends, SEO report offers you all the on-page errors like missing H1, Alt, too long HTML, etc., based on risk( High, Moderate, Low)
Site Scan: It is a Website audit tool that crawls your site and checks for common technical SEO issues. Fixing these issues will make your website search engine and user friendly. With this tool, you can improve your website performance not only on Bing but also on other search engines.
- Easy to navigate and use.
- Provides more features than GSC like SEO, Keyword Research tool.
- Provide tools like site Scan to make your website more SEO-friendly.
- Provide you the facility to control crawling on your website by search engine bot so that your hosting server is not bombarded by traffic and make your website slower.
- Provide the Block URL feature that allows webmasters to temporarily block URLs from appearing in Bing search results.
- Can not see queries for a particular page
- Do not have access to data as much as Google has.
- Do not have the facility to change graphical representation and can not use for more complex analytics.
- Too much information on single reports.
4. Google Trends
There are many free SEO tools for keyword research in the market, but Google Trends is the best. The reason is apparent access to data. Google controls the 86.86 percent search engine market; hence, it gets the most data and can give the most accurate data about keyword Volume and Trends.
- Provide Keyword Search country-wise and worldwide. In addition to this, it provides the option to select multiple countries for a keyword.
- Shows trends of Keywords; hence can get an idea of how it will perform in the future based on current trends and data.
- Most accurate than other Keyword tools: Gooogle has an 86 percent share on search engine searches, so it is getting most of the data and queries hence can provide the most accurate trends and volume for query or keyword.
- Can compare two or more keywords and decide which one will suit you in the long run.
- don’t get a suggestion for similar keywords
- don’t show result below a particular limit
- Limited Analytics of keywords
- Give the relative number of searches, not the absolute number.
Ubersugeest is one of the best free SEO tools available in the market. It is developed by Neil Patel, well known Digital Marketer and Entrepreneur. It provides the facility to check competitors’ best-performing Keywords and Pages. You can use it for Keyword Research as well as Competitor analysis.
- Provide detailed Report on Competitors
- Provide backlinks of competitors
- Provide best-performing Keywords of your competitor with search Volume, Paid difficulty, and Search Difficulty. The search volume provides you the volume of a keyword, and Paid difficulty shows you the demand for that keyword, i.e., relevant traffic provider Keyword, and if you will run a paid campaign on Google, how much it will cost you per click.
- Provide SEO tools that suggest you changes that improve your website performance and user experience.
- Shows the limited number of Keywords for free users
- Not Accurate data, i.e., traffic of website.
- Search volume is not accurate.
- This is not a completely free tool.
- Your Dashboard Report shows outdated data. not up to date reports like search volume and Keyword ranking
6. Google Keyword Planner:
I would say Google Keyword Planner is an amazing tool. If you want keyword Research Google Keyword Planner is one of the best free SEO tools for you. Now you can not use this tool if you haven’t run a campaign for your website on Google. If you have, even if once, you can access these SEO tools for free.
- Provides search Estimate Keyword Search volume, Paid Cost, Search Difficulty
- you can check Keyword Volume of Keywords countrywide, worldwide, and for multiple countries
- Google tool hence more trustworthy than other tools in the market.
- You can select the best Keywords for a paid campaign that suits your budget and business.
- Provides alternative and relative terms
- Do not provide exact search Volume of Keywords.
- Do not show trends and future forecasts.
- Only Provided to users who are running a paid campaign or used once.
- Do not Provide details where your website will rank when you run a Paid campaign.
Lighthouse one of the rarest and best free SEO tools that are used by SEO and Web designer. This tool is a default in Chrome browser, and you can see it on inspect bar when you right-click, and on selecting inspect bar, you can see the lighthouse at the last column.
Lighthouse provides you report for Desktop as well as Mobile. Divides the whole report into 5 categories mainly.
1. Performance: How much your website load content and become usable to the users
2. Progressive Web App: It shows if your website meets the standards of Progressive Web App
3. Best Practices: Does your website follow best practice for modern web development
4. Accessibility: This shows whether your website is designed in such a way that a person with a disability or impairments can use it or not.
5. SEO: This Category Shows you that whether your website is Optimized for Search engine ranking and provides suggestions to improve it.
- Provide a detailed view of the health of your website
- Provides suggestions with errors so that you can improve your website.
- Provide a Score for each category hence give you an idea of how good or bad you are performing.
- Divides Analysis into Categories hence each aspect of the website can be analyzed without confusing with each other
- Suggestion Provided are not easy to understand
- Do not exactly solution how to increase performance
- Sometimes suggestions are not correct; you can not blindly implement the changes.
8. Page Speed Insight
Page Speed Insights is another amazing and best free SEO tool to analyzes your web page’s content. After analyzing the website, it generates suggestions to make that page faster.
- Provide the Speed of your website with a Score that explains how good or bad you are performing.
- Provides Suggestion to improve the speed of the website on Mobile and Desktop
- A separate report for Desktop and Mobile: PageSpeed Insights provides a separate report for desktop and mobile
- Suggestions Provided are difficult to understand for a non-technical person.
- Performance requirements are difficult to meet. Even the best website I have to check is not performing well.
- Sometimes Score could make me nervous, but it is ok you don’t need to score 100 in it.
9. Answer The Public
Answer The Public is a really incredible best free SEO tool. You can use one or two Keywords and get all the relevant Keywords, Question, Prepositions on one report. All you need to do is enter just one or two keywords. It makes keyword research very easy, and if you are writing a blog, it’s the best Keyword search tool.
- Provides all the relevant Keywords in a single sheet
- Arrange Keywords according to Type like prepositions, Questions, etc.
- Free to use
- Very fast and easy to use
- Do not provide search volume or keywords.
- It isn’t easy to select Keywords when you are overwhelmed by Keywords.
- It limits free users. You can try once or twice a day.
- Do not provide a filter to select keywords.
Traditional web analytics tools help you analyze traffic data. But numbers alone can’t tell you what users really do on your site — Hotjar will.
As their Tag line says, Hotjar is one of the best free SEO tools that provide an exact view of how visitors are really behaving on your website. It lets the facility collect user feedback and turn visitors into customers.
- Hotjar can provide Heatmaps that help you figure out visitors’ behavior after entering your website.
- It provides the Visitor recordings of visitors activity, so you can analyze each customer how they are behaving on your website and can store them for future use.
- Provides Conversion funnel reports and Form Analysis.
- Can collect Feedback Polls and Surveys
- Hotjar is not completely free; it limits the user up to 200 minutes.
- Funnel Feature can be improved, and it is too simple.
- Sometimes tools get stuck and can not use multiple users.
- It can make your customer find nervous if you mention it on your guidelines. They can feel being watched and insecure.
Screaming Frog is free SEO Spider Tool that extracts data and audits for common SEO issues to help you boost onsite SEO. Freely download and crawl 500 URLs. You can purchase a license to remove the limit and gain access to additional features.
- Check status codes for a set of URLs – Simply copy and paste the URLs into the open box and within minutes you are able to see the status code, response time and potential redirects for any of the URLs. While there are online versions of this, Screaming Frog has the best copy/paste option and includes any other URL data you might need as well.
- Crawl URLs for a Custom Text – Without developing your own spider, there is no other way to do this other than visit each URL individually. This has saved us countless hours verifying proper analytics code implementation across an entire website and finding client mentions across hundreds of links.
- Finding Canonical Links – Every time Screaming Frog crawls a link or site they report back the basic information which happens to include canonical links. Again, without building your own spider or reviewing hundreds of URLs it would be a lengthy task to find all of this information.
- Customizing the crawler – It takes a little bit of playing around with the settings to understand what each of them controls and what options need to be checked or unchecked to get the right amount of information.
- Cannot Crawl a large site – Screaming Frog runs out of memory when asked to crawl a large site, even after playing around with memory settings and allocating additional memory.